Monday, July 14, 2014

Made it Monday

 http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/


A special thanks goes out to The Classy Teacher for her great birthday idea - it's taken me a couple of weeks to get them all - 50 done but here they are.


I am still working on several other things and have been going into school two days a week.  I am trying to get all of my "bellwork" copied before school starts, and get two grades worth of spelling in the Spelling City.   I am also re-doing my Pre-Algebra and Social Studies classes.  All of these changes are after I read The Book Whisperer and Reading in the Wild and am going to make major changes to my reading classes as well.  

Not that I am taking on too much or anything because about a week ago I discovered that I will have the two largest classes in the building 22 5th graders for Spelling, English/Writing, Math, Social Studies, and Technology, 19 6th graders for Spelling and English/Writing and then the small, 5 students for Pre-Algebra.  

I am also taking one more trip this summer and going to completely quit working on school stuff by August 1.  We have some schools nearby which have students coming back one week from yesterday.

Because I have been hustling getting ready for the school year, I was able to spend the day helping a friend get ready for her school year to; it was such a blessing to be able to help ease someone else's stress.  What do you do to help other teachers?

No comments:

Post a Comment