Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy Tuesday! To-do Lists and Ballgames

I had a super successful Monday at school. I got one classes spelling copied for the school year. I know that may seem kind of strange for some, but we have a pretty good idea - most of the time how many students will be in our classes. I try to get my copying done, as much as I can before the first of August. It's just one of those things I can do to feel better prepared for the school year, and then I don't have as much time spent sharing our single copy machine with other teachers who need it. While I was making copies I found out that my 6th grade English class has grown by one student and I will have 19 in that class, and my 5th grade classes will have 22 students. That's going to be the largest class in the school! I also got to spend some one-on-one time with a student who will be one of my 5th graders and was able to talk with him about what success will look like in the 5th grade and encourage him. While I was working I found out nearly all of my students were playing softball/baseball last night. So after spending the day at school, I returned to the ball fields and was able to watch most of my upcoming 5th grade girls play, and while wait for the boys, I discovered my former 6th grade girls playing, so I was able to watch them for quite a while, before watching several of the upcoming 5th grade boys play, before their game was called because of lightening. It was great to see the kids cutting up and having a good time. I had several students thank me for coming to watch, which was also very nice. It's nice for the kids to see how much I really do care about them, not just their school work. On to my happy Tuesday! (Did you read my sarcasm there? File that in the fake it until you make it - drawer) After a pretty sleepless night, because of our new kitten, my washing machine completely died. So instead of getting to stay home and work on school things and take a nap, I'm off to get a new washing machine. Oh well! Better now than when school's going on and it's difficult to get things like this taken care of as easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment