Friday, August 1, 2014

August Currently

A very big thank you to Farley for the August Currently.  I LOVE these! 





Listening - My husband has a big project going at work, so he's working from home and his computer keeps dinging!  So I have my K-LOVE online radio going.

Loving - I have a nearly 10 year old golden retriever who loves when I work in the living room, so he's cuddled up to me.   

Thinking & Wanting - I have had an amazing summer reading and writing blogs, biking and even made a quick trip to South Carolina to see my cousin.  It's been a terrific time!  While I was in South Carolina I discovered an amazing used book store to help with my Reading in the Wild work.  It's called 2nd and Charles.  It was amazing I was able to pick up 75 books for $120.  I can't wait to make the trip again next year. 

Needing - Because I had such an amazing summer, and I have been able to do so much for my classroom over the summer, I am exhausted, so I'm taking the next week and half off to rest and relax.  My classroom is nearly complete, and I have lesson plans ready to go.  So I guess it's OK to get that rest.

Returning to school - I return to school, to help with registration on August 7.  Teacher meetings are August 13-15.  We have drop off supplies, Back to School Mass, and Back to School Barbecue on August 16.  Then we start school on August 18 for a half day, and full-time on the 19th.










2 comments:

  1. It looks like you start back a week after we do. I have to go back on August 5. Enjoy your extra time off! :) I hope you have a great school year when you do start!

    Lori
    The Reinspired Teacher

    ReplyDelete