Monday, August 4, 2014

Back to School Goals

Thanks to Mrs. O Knows and Jess at I {heart} recess for this great linky party.



Personal - Over the the last four years, I have very quickly become a work-a-holic because there's always something I could be doing better, a better way to try, something which could be added.  I have friends, family, and supervisors who love me enough to ask me to slow down and not get burned out.  I am going to do that this year.

Organization - It's an on going joke, that students are to not EVER put anything on my desk - even if I ask them to, because the stacks of papers and grading keys always sit on the corner of my desk.  I took some time this school year to clear out some of the shelves behind my desk.  So once a day, I want to be able to see all of my desk.

Planning - I have spend most of the summer planning and working on plans and fixing lessons.  With my personal goal of having more balance, I intend to get my planning done at school this year.

Professional - There have been many new and exciting changes over the past two years at our school.  We are now trying to build a team and have teamwork at school among the faculty and staff, where before it was a whole lot of each to their own.  I want to help be part of that atmosphere.

Students - Again part of my balance plan is to realize not every lesson on every day is going to reach every child the way I hope it will.  I need to lighten up on myself and realize I am doing everything I can, but I can only encourage, not force learning.

Motto: Balance. Balance. Balance.  I think my goals will help me fulfill my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment